9. You create something, even though it looks like an alien mass of Legos.
8. It gives you time away from your husband and his belching as long as you are doing it in a room with no TV.
7. You don't have to cook or clean anything.
6. You don't have to pay a babysitter almost more than the Psychologist.
5. You bond with your kids in their world.
4. You don't have to fill up the car with gas to get there.
3. Following those 30 page manuals takes total concentration, and if crying is therapy, you will get more than you need.
2. Working with your hands to build something is like meditation, and you can do it while lying down on the couch in your own home.
1. Using your imagination takes you out of your own head, which is really where the problem started!
Now, since you probably bought some of those Legos as a Christmas or Hanukkah present, you have a perfect excuse to de-stress from the Holiday hassle without spending any extra money. For goodness sake, if you still feel you need therapy, send me the money, and we can schedule weekly chats that are sure to make you laugh and cry...Oh, that's number zero...Some of the lego creations your kids can create will surely make you laugh! (consider that one a free gift)
(disclaimer ~ The author in no way claims to be a Psychologist or any other kind of therapist, unless you are directly related to the author. In that case she is completely qualified to talk you through any childhood trauma you wish to discuss, as she is a licensed ________ family therapist.)