I think the following should happen immediately:
1. No Federal or State Politician will receive any pension or tenure for his/her time in any political office. A Politician collects a salary while in office, and no pay from the American people when out of office.
2. Every Politician (Past, Present and Future) participates in Social Security. All funds in any political retirement fund move to Social Security immediately, and the accounts are then canceled.
3. Every Politician has the right to purchase his/her own retirement plan just like every other American Citizen.
4. No Political body can ever vote themselves any pay raise. The position held will receive a pay raise each year that is equal to 3%.
5. The only Health Care provided to any Politician is that which is also available to any other American Citizen.
6. Every Politician must abide by every law that is also imposed upon every other American Citizen.
7. Any contract made with any Politician during his/her time in office will be void as of 1/1/12, and no contract can be entered into during a Politician's time in office.
If you agree or disagree, please let me know. If you agree, please tell me how we can make these things happen immediately . . . not twenty years from now.
Next we can tackle the Unions in the Public Sector.